Related Educational Links
Related Financial Links
Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union is committed to providing teachers and school employees with a full range of quality financial products and services.
If you are seeking a credit union that is dedicated to helping educators, teachers, and school employees reach their financial goals, then look no further than these great MSGCU products...
- School Employee Account Opening Rewards Pack
- Direct Deposit and Automatic Payment Transfer Services
- Community Solutions Mortgages
- Retirement Planning Service
- Cash Rewards Referral Program
- Educational Solutions
- Financial Education Resources
- Scholarships and Grants
- Teacher Resources
Thousands in the educational field are setting it right by bringing their financial business to MSGCU.
*See Brochure or a Member Service Representative for details.
Why make an extra trip to our offices or the ATM when you don't have to? With our free Direct Deposit, your check will be deposited into the account of your choice. You may set up Automatic Funds Transfers to make monthly payments on your loans and mortgage with Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union.
First-time home buying can be nerve-wracking, but it doesn't have to be. Start the process off right by speaking with one of our Mortgage Specialists about our Community Solutions Program. This program is designed specifically for full-time teachers who are new to their occupation. It features:
- Lower down payment requirements
- Flexible mortgage terms and approval process
- Low closing costs
Call us today at 586.263.8800 or 1.866.MSGCU4U, option 4, to speak with a Mortgage Specialist about how we make it easier to buy your first home!
- Refinance Breakeven - Use this calculator to see how much interest you can save if you refinance your mortgage.
- Mortgage Payoff - Save thousands of dollars in interest by increasing your monthly mortgage payment.
Setting yourself on the right path of retirement planning begins at Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union. Whether you’re just getting started or need a solid review of what you have thus far, visit our on-site Financial Consultants for a free planning session. They will help you invest based on your individual financial circumstances and find the right retirement mix for you, including 403(b), IRAs, mutual funds, and more.
Retirement Savings and Planning
- Retirement Income Calculator - Use this calculator to determine how much monthly income your retirement savings may provide you in your retirement.
- Investment Returns - There is more to investing than knowing your annual rate of return. Use this calculator to help you see how inflation, taxes and your time horizon can impact your bottom line.
We are proud of the 97% member satisfaction rating by our current members who often refer their friends and family members to us. As a thank you, our Referral Program offers a variety of cash rewards all members can earn. Why not see how easy it is to earn more money!
For more information about the Educational Solutions that we offer teachers and students, please contact us at 586.263.8800.
Financial literacy begins early and continues into adulthood. If you're looking to bring financial responsibility lessons into the classroom, we offer free, multi-media financial education resources on topics such as checking accounts, obtaining credit, budgeting, savings, and investments.
Visit our list of free financial workshops, which are posted in our Financial Resource Center.
As an educational Credit Union, we believe in the power of education in furthering the financial success of our membership. Each year, we award nearly $50,000 through our three scholarships programs.
Educational Solutions Scholarships
- Scholarships valued up to $1,000 are presented to high school seniors selected by their school district based on criteria determined by the school district. Submission forms to select the recipient are provided to individual school districts in March each year. The scholarships are presented at the high school's award ceremony.
- The Rudolph Heino Scholarship Program is designed to help students who demonstrate an enthusiasm and commitment to learning and a clear, visionary path for their future.
- The Larry Swantek Scholarship is designed to assist college and university students who are currently enrolled in their institution’s School of Education and are taking courses toward becoming an educator.
- Additionally, we provide thousands of dollars in grants to educators throughout Macomb and Oakland Counties. The Classroom Cash Grant Program assists teachers with covering the costs of innovative classroom projects. All educators who are members of MSGCU are eligible to apply for a grant. For more information, visit classroomcash.org.
To keep you on track, we provide free desktop calendars to all the schools districts that we serve. Be sure to bookmark this page to keep the following financial education and teacher resources at your fingertips.