The features are free. The convenience is priceless.
Plus, for a limited time get $175* when you open a checking account!
- No monthly service charges, per-check fees or minimum balance requirements
- Free use of MSGCU ATMs and access to nearly 30,000, free ATMs nationwide
- Fee-free overdraft protection from an Instant Line of Credit (interest charges may apply)
- 1/4% APR Member Loyalty Discount** on Michigan School & Government Credit Union loans
There are many great electronic banking features associated with our Checking Account. MSGCU members get a free ATM/Debit Card that is compatible with most mobile wallet apps. They have free access to Online Bill Pay and can conduct banking business 24 hours a day with Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Text Banking.
How to get your $175 bonus.
First, open a new checking account — online or in-branch — between May 1 and October 31. Then, start taking advantage of the benefits.
- Make a one-time deposit of $100 within 7 days of opening your account
- Complete 20 purchases with your MSGCU debit card within 60 days of account opening
- Sign up for eStatements and Online Banking
- Set up your direct deposit of $100 or more to your new checking account. Must be received within 60 days of opening your account
* Available for regular checking accounts opened between 5/1/2018 and 10/31/2018; limited to one incentive per member. The $175 incentive will be paid when the member completes all of the following: qualify for and open a regular checking account and ATM/debit card; within 7 days of opening, make an initial deposit of $100 or more in the account; within 60 days, enroll in and receive one direct deposit (minimum $100) to the new account, sign up for eStatements and Online Banking, and use the account’s issued debit card for 20 purchases. Members must not currently have a checking account or have closed a regular checking account as of 4/1/2018 or later. Account must remain open for 6 months.
**APR=Annual percentage rate. Member Loyalty Discount requires Automatic Loan Pay from your MSGCU account.