You don't have to visit an MSGCU branch the next time you want to deposit a check. You don't even have to find an ATM. If you have a smartphone with a camera, the process is a snap.
You can deposit checks from just about anywhere using your smartphone or tablet. The process is quite safe, as MSGCU protects our members using password access, encryption technology and other security methods. For a more detailed explanation of the process, click here for a step-by-step guide. For more details about Mobile Deposit or Mobile Banking, please review our FAQs.
*To be eligible for Mobile Deposit, you must be at least 18 years of age and have a checking account with a positive balance. Please speak with an MSGCU Representative for more details.
1. Log into your account, using your online banking credentials.
2. Tap the "Mobile Deposit" button.
3. Select "Make a Deposit."
4. If this is your first use, you'll need to accept our Service Agreement to proceed.
5. Please note that Mobile Deposits take up to one business day to post to your account.
6. Select "Deposit To" and choose from the available accounts.
7. Select "Amount" and, when the keyboard displays, enter the amount written on the check.
8. Next, select "Front" and you will be prompted to photograph the front of the check.
9. Make sure the check stays within the green guidelines and tap to take the photo.
Check that the captured image looks correct and is readable. Then tap "Use."
10. After you've submitted the image, the software will verify that the image meets processing requirements.
11. Next, select "Back" and you will be prompted to photograph the signature side of the check.
12. Make sure the check stays within the green guidelines and tap to take the photo.
13. Once again, the software will verify that the image meets all processing requirements.
14. You will be notified when your deposit has been processed successfully. Tap ok to proceed.
15. The Deposit Information associated with your transaction will display next. Keep for your records if you like, or simply click ok.
16. The next time you log into the mobile app, your deposit will be available in your account history.
1. What is Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit allows MSGCU members to deposit a check into their account using our smart phone app and the built-in camera on your mobile device.
To be eligible for mobile deposit, the member must:
3. Do I need to register for the service?
Yes, you will need to register for the service through MSGCU’s smart phone app. You will need to read and agree to our service agreement before you can process a mobile deposit.
4. What does “held for review” mean?
When this appears, an MSGCU representative will need to review the deposit before it can be processed and placed in your account. Deposits can be held for the following reasons:
7. How long should I keep the check that I deposited?
It is recommended that you keep any checks for six months after they are initially deposited, as a record of the transaction. After six months, please destroy the check for security purposes.
Members and communities are at the center of everything that we do. You have goals to reach and dreams to achieve, and we are here to help you prosper.