Everyday money management made easier
- Low minimum balances for both checking and savings accounts
- Business Checking accounts have no monthly maintenance fee if average monthly account balance is greater than $2,500
- Tiered interest rate structure provides higher yields for accounts with larger balances
- Low fees for business accounts
- Funds insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund
Sign up for Michigan Schools and Credit Union's Online Banking and oversee your business finances without ever leaving the office. You can pay your bills online and cover employee payroll through Direct Deposit.
Understand the financial basics of managing a small business with our Small Business Essentials inteactive education.
Your growing business deserves our support
- Commercial real estate loans
- Government-backed Small Business Administration (SBA) loans
- Equipment and accounts receivable financing
- A working capital line of credit
In cooperation with Michigan Business Connection, our business lending subsidiary, we offer a variety of financing solutions. Lending officers at Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union can help you determine which loan products will provide the most benefits for your company.
Get more tools you need for your business
- Night Depository. Your business will never have to worry about rushing the day's receipts to one of our offices before closing time. Night Depositories are located in the drive-through areas of all our branches.
- Wire Transfers. It's easy to make payments to your vendors and suppliers. Your business can move money electronically from one account to another anywhere in the world.
- Signature Guarantee. MSGCU proudly offers both signature guarantee and medallion stamps on a legal or financial document to our members free of charge.
- Notary Public. Every MSGCU location has notary officers who are able to certify signatures on business or legal documents at no charge to our members.
You can keep insurance papers, government licenses and other important documents safe from fire, theft or natural disaster by renting a safe deposit box. Boxes come in four sizes and are available at the Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union's Main office in Clinton Township.
Provide a more attractive benefits package
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan. With a SEP, each employee opens a traditional Individual Retirement Account to which the employer makes regular contributions.
- Health Savings Accounts. Your employees can pay for current health expenses and save for future qualified medical expenses. HSAs are interest-bearing and employer contributions are tax-free.
- Auto, Homeowners and Life Insurance. You and your employees receive special savings on a wide selection of auto, home and life insurance policies. Automatic insurance payments can be made through your MSGCU account.
Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union hosts many financial education workshops that you and your employees are welcome to attend. You can even arrange for our representatives to visit your place of business and provide on-site money management sessions for your workforce.