Six Ways to Protect Yourself Against Cyber Attacks (Text Version)
- Update your software and operating systems to ensure that you have the strongest and most current protection.
- Use anti-virus software. This software will detect, and remove, threats in real-time.
- Use strong, unique passwords across all your online accounts. Vary your use of capitalization, symbols, letters, and numbers.
- Never open email attachments from unknown senders. These can download/install malware onto your device.
- Never click on links from unknown senders.
- Avoid using unsecured public Wi-Fi. These networks leave you vulnerable to attacks.
If you believe you may have fallen victim and your identity or MSGCU accounts may have been compromised, contact us at (586) 263-8800 or (866) 674-2848 right away so we can help.
« Return to "Blogs"